Saturday, September 5, 2009

What's Cookin?


Pizzelles

Well, in my kitchen that would be the very yummy Italian desert cookie PIZZELLES. My 'Auntie' Kay made these every time we would go visit our relatives up in NY and we would literally shove them down they're that good (but then it could just be that I'm Italian...well 1/2 Italian so that counts). So about a year ago when shopping at Tuesday Mornings (LOVE that store), I found a pizzelle maker and just had to have it but as I was fundless I ended up getting it as my 25th bday pressie from my mom. They take awhile to make and make the kitchen hotter than.... well you know where.... but they are sooooo very worth it. Plus now I don't have to wait to go to NY and visit Auntie Kay ;-)


My pizzelle maker



Here's the receipe I modify from:

Traditional Italian Pizzelles

3 eggs, room temperature 1 tsp. vanilla (optional)
3/4 cup sugar 1/2 tsp. anise (optional)
1/2 cup butter or margarine, 1 3/4 cups flour
melted and cooled 2 tsp. baking powder

In a large mixing bowl, beat the eggs and sugar. Add the cooled butter or margarine, vanilla and anise. Sift the flour and baking powder together and add to the egg mixture. The batter should be stiff enough to be dropped by spoon. The batter can also be refrigerated to be used later.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking a look at my creations and leaving me some love :-)