Friday, September 11, 2009

We Will Never Forget...

I remember the morning like it was yesterday. It was my freshman year at Texas A&M and I was woken up by a huge charlie horse in my calf when my alarm to get up went off. However, instead of my alarm clock going off to the country radio station I realized I was listening to some urgent message. At first I didn't quite understand what was happening but then what the radio announcer was saying broke through my early morning foggy brain and I was stunned. I turned on the television, it didn't matter what channel b/c it was on them all, just in time to see the second plane hit the towers. I remember yelling at my roommate Natalie to get up and her telling me to shut up. When I finally got through to her she joined me in my state of disbelief. I didn't go to class that day but instead was glued to the horror unfolding on the screen. My uncle was a NY firefighter at the time and when those 2 towers came down I couldn't help but think of all the people they took with them; not only the workers and building visitors that day and the passengers on the planes but also the brave men and women in uniforms and out who's lives were extinguished in a single moment. So today like all the anniversaries that came before and all that will come after I will remember. I will remember all those affected by this unspeakable tragedy; the ones who lost their lives, the ones who's lives were destroyed in the aftermath, the ones who's families will never again be the same. I will remember. Freedom is NOT free and I will always stand behind those who fight for our country's.

1 comment:

  1. Good morning Kristyn, i still can't believe this tragedy actually happened and find the events totally moving each time i see them. Hope you are well hunny wanted to thank you for the gorgeous blog candy that arrived yesterday in the psot i can not wait to get to play with it. Im out today so hopefully will get chance tomorrow. Hope you have a lovely weekend, very big hugs to you Linda x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking a look at my creations and leaving me some love :-)