The Butterfly Project
1,500,000 innocent children perished in the Holocaust. In an effort to remember them, Holocaust Museum Houston is collecting 1.5 million handmade butterflies. The butterflies will eventually comprise a breath-taking exhibition, currently scheduled for Spring 2012, for all to remember.
Instructions:1. Create as many handmade arts-and-crafts butterflies as possible. This project may be completed by all ages as individuals or groups.
- Butterflies should be no larger than 8 inches by 10 inches.
- Butterflies may be of any medium the artist chooses, but two-dimensional submissions are preferred.
- Glitter should not be used.
- Food products (cereal, macaroni, candy, marshmallows or other perishables) also should not be used.
3. Please send or bring your butterflies to the Museum by June 30, 2011, with the following information included:
- Your name,
- Your organization or school,
- Your address,
- Your e-mail address, and
- The total number of butterflies sent.
Holocaust Museum Houston
5401 Caroline St.
Houston, TX 77004
I just found out about this today so I'll get started on making my butterflies, how about you?