Friday, May 15, 2009

VSN with Club Anya

So tonight was Club Anya's 1st Virtual Stamping Night (VSN) on Paper Craft Planet and guess what came just in time?! My new TGF stamps!!!



Our VSN started at 8pm CST and went until the 12am when the new releases were finally revealed and put up for sale. I didn't really get to participate much until after 10pm as I was watching Grey's. Is anyone else upset at the season finale?! I got so mad I sent a letter to ABC immediately after the show ended. Why do the writers have to go and kill off any of my favorite people?! Ugh. Anyways back to VSN. Our first challenge was to create a monochromatic card which sounds a lot easier then it is. I had a hard time trying to pick out papers that went together all in the same family of color but finally managed to and created this:

Friendship Garden



About this card: Grr...this is suppose to be variations of RED. I just couldn't get my camera to take a good photo and then couldn't adjust it with my photo software to my liking but hopefully you get the idea what it looks like. I used all DCWV pp & cs. For Dorothy Anya (digital stamp), I printed her off my computer then I colored her in both EK Success Writer markers and memory pencils. I gave her hair ties made out of Elmer's braid core and a bouquet of flowers made from Petaloo Flora Doodles and jewelry wire. The saying is from one of the TGF stamp sets inked in brick red by Craft Smart. You can't tell from the pic but the really dark paper is a metallic red embossed with Sizzix Tiny Flowers. The last embellishment on the front are red dew drops from Robin's Nest. The inside of the card has this saying:

Let us be grateful to people who make us happy, they are the charming gardeners who make our souls blossom. -Marcel Proust (Get it, Anya's suppose to be a gardener :-D )

Go here to see what others created.

The second challenge from VSN was to create a card based on this sketch:



In My Prayers



About this card:
I altered Angel Anya to look like a regular girl praying and colored her with Kimberly watercolor pencils. The dark pp's I picked all have a star or cloud-like theme as these are 'night-time' prayers. I used my mesh white flowers (from MM) to make Anya look like she was on clouds (and also hide my poorly cut oval...gosh I really need to get a die cut for those..lol). I cut the stars out the star paper and wrote my own saying in my own handwriting with an EK Success Writer then edged the saying in ink. I used pop dots to make Anya above the flowers and for the big star to give the sky some depth. The pp & cs are from DCWV Fun in the Sun.

Go here to see what the others created.

So since I was watching Grey's (as I already mentioned) I totally didn't get either of the challenges finished by the time VSN ended but since I have until 8am CST to post my creations, I stayed up to finish them. So, um, yeah I think that's it. :-)


PS While I was scrapping, this is what my kitty was doing (he's laying on a USPS priority box):

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking a look at my creations and leaving me some love :-)