Friday, May 8, 2009

Show Us Your SheetLoad #2

In my previous post you can read all about SheetLoad and the current May issue. It's the May issue sketch that this challenge is for and I have to say I'm really liking the results. With the sketch provided and the dimensions listed you can make 9 cards and 9 scraplings which saves you a bunch of time if you need to make multiples of one card. I'm not totally sure what a scrapling is or what you use it for but it's super cute.

For my card I chose a travel theme. I took printed papers (pp) from 2 different scrapbook packs and used them for my paper layering as well as the 3D stamp embellishment. Since the pp all had a vintage feel to them I decided to rough up the edges of some of my embellishments with a razor blade and a piece of sandpaper. Since my scrapling showed more of the background cardstock, I decided to jazz it up with an embossing texture complements of my new Sizzix Big Shot which I am now totally in love with :-)

After reading the May eZine when it first came out and following the link to TSG clear stamps, I fell in love with Jessica's stuff and actually ordered several stamp sets. For this challenge I used the 'Sending My Love' stamp set....it's super adorable!




Ingredients:
  • cs - American Crafts
  • pp - Travel by unknown, On the Road by Beth Cote
  • tag - Pressed Petals
  • stamp - TSG Sending My Love
  • brad - K & Company
  • ink - Tim Holtz Vintage Photo
  • small ticket - McGill Creativity Punch
  • embossing - Sizzix

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking a look at my creations and leaving me some love :-)